St Richard’s Hospice
What is the Big Get Together?
It’s an opportunity to Get Together with your friends or family and have some fun – and one of the easiest ways to raise money for local hospice care. St Richard’s Hospice has joined up with other hospices across the South East to invite you to be part of The Big Get Together in October; all you have to do is ask your guests to make a donation that will go straight towards providing hospice care in your local community. You could invite the family around for a barbeque; hold a cocktails and canapés evening; watch films and eat pizza in your PJs; dance like divas or simply raise the roof with a good old-fashioned gossip; hold a Halloween themed get together in October; a bonfire party in November; a Christmas themed soiree in December or a New Year Get Together in January! You can be as sophisticated or silly as you like!FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE BIG GET TOGETHER
Why should I hold my own Big Get Together?
Because all money raised at your Big Get Together goes straight to St Richard’s Hospice. But the best part is you decide what sort of hospice-tality you offer, it couldn’t be easier! It could be the perfect way to celebrate a special person, on a special date, in a way that is fitting to celebrate their life whilst enjoying the company of your friends and family.
When should I hold my Big Get Together?
Well, that’s up to you too! You can join thousands of other people and hold your gathering in October, during Hospice Care Week (9-15 October), or if your Get Together will be to remember a loved one, you can choose a date that is more memorable to you.
So – sign up and get your pack full of ideas and inspiration today!
About St Richard’s Hospice
St Richard’s Hospice provides free specialist palliative care for patients living with life-threatening illnesses and supports their families. Each year the hospice team supports over 2,600 patients and family members in Worcestershire with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
Patients are cared for in Day Hospice, the 17-bed In-Patient Unit, or in their own homes by a specialist professional team as well as many trained volunteers. In the In-Patient Unit, specialist staff are on hand 24 hours a day to manage patients’ symptoms and where, if appropriate, patients may spend the last few days of life in comfort and dignity.
St Richard’s is an independent charity and is grateful for all donations to help it to continue its work. We need to raise over 75% of our annual costs to run the hospice from voluntary donations, and the remainder is contributed by the NHS.
How Your Support Helps
At St Richard’s we understand that everyone who makes a donation to help us care wants to know how their contribution has made a real difference to patients and their loved ones.
It costs £15,471 to fund all our hospice services for one day, and in real terms, this is how your support can help:
- £15 will pay for a patient to receive one Complementary Therapy treatment
- £83 could pay for a Hospice at Home Healthcare Assistant for a day
- £110 will pay for a Counsellor for a day
- £126 would completely stock the drinks trolley in Day Hospice, offering a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic treats
- £142 will pay for a Chaplain for a day, offering religious and spiritual support
- £181 could pay for a Nurse Specialist for a day
- £196 will pay for a patient to attend Day Hospice for a day
- £1442 will fund a Healthcare Assistant in our InPatient Unit for a day
How to Pay your money in
Thank you for being part of our Big Get Together.
Paying in what you’ve raised for us is easy:
- You can set up a JustGiving page
- You can call us on 01905 763963 to pay in using your credit or debit card
- You can drop your money box in to Reception here at the Hospice
- You can pay by post by sending a cheque made payable to St Richard’s Hospice along with a note telling us you’ve taken part in the Big Get Together to: St Richard’s Hospice, Wildwood Drive, Worcester, WR5 2QT